A space-themed hack&slash
Something between Diablo/Torchlight and Escape-velocity.
Drox Operative is nothing more than hack & slash, but space-themed:
- Move around and do quests.
- Choose your weapons and shoot the bad guys.
- Loot them to improve your ship, gain levels and go killing more bad guys.
The good points:
- The realisation is good: no bugs, good performances, nice graphics and sounds.
- The factions are a great idea: You have to manage your standing with other factions. This leads to victory condition others than "kill everything that moves".
- There's more than one way to "win" (See above)
- You can easily choose the difficulty level.
- You can play, quit, and restart the game where you left it.
- Controls are a bit messy: Although it's a matter of personal opinion, I had to rebind nearly everything.
- Like all HnS, it's very repetitive and involves a lot of grinding.
- Except by looting some quickly obsoleted items (And by changing ship), the ways to improve yourself are quasi-inexistant.
- Zooming-out is far too limited.
If you like this kind of games (Din's, Diablo, , you can buy it without risking to be disappointed.
There's some nice ideas, the game is stable and looks nice, but otherwise, and although it's fun to play for some time, the replayability is not great.