About This Game
Axe, Bow & Staff is a pixel art hybrid combining runner-sidescroller mechanics with RPG elements and zany multiplayer gameplay.
Inspired by games like Lost Vikings, Adventure Island, Cadilacs and Dinosaurs and Captain Commando, etc, Axe, Bow & Staff evokes the nostalgia of the favorite games of your youth: updated with faster graphics, multi-player replayablilty, and goofy gameplay that's easy to learn but many times harder to master!
About our heroes:
Literally born under a rock, Axe is the tallest dwarf in his mining clan, a giant of a dwarf at five feet, towering a head above the others. He's so tall he could be mistaken for a very short human! Because Axe's height made him unsuitable for mining, he set off to seek his fortune in the lands above. Away from familiar tunnels and dank caves, Axe often gets lost on the surface world, but doesn't like to admit it. When he is not busy searching for his fortune, he likes skipping rocks on a stream and eating hot dogs on a stick. He thinks that they are made of real dogs and has never learned how to tie his shoelaces.
Bow is, regretably, the shortest member of her elfin village. She left her home in shame because she was only ever tall enough to gather berries with the elfin children. Bow did not want to be a babysitter in the bushes for the rest of her life, so she ran away from home when she was sixty (which is like sixteen in human years) to train as an ninja so that she could one day return home a glorious hero and bring glory to short elves everywhere. To this day, she still has not found a Ninja Sensei to teach her the proper art of Nenjootsoo, the elven translation of ninjutsu. This also means that she and Axe are about the same height...
Staff has been called many things, amongst them hypochondriac and sniffles are probably the nicer terms that people have used. As a hypo-sensitive wizard with extensive allergies, he prefers to hide behind much bulkier heroes and fold origami on his days off. Staff is mildly allergic to magic, nature, rodents, goblins, rats, leaves, twigs, stones, dead goblins, rocks, dirt, air, water, lightning, thunder, undead goblins, and likes cats. He is also allergic to cats.
Rockin' Pixel Art
- It's like the 80s married the 90s and they never went away! Axe, Bow & Staff brings you the best in these pixel art classics-to-be. You saw it here first!
- More cheer than you can shake twelve reindeers at in this catchy & original chiptune soundtrack!
Bespoke Like a Boss
- 30+ hand-crafted levels with tons of challenges and fun, fun, fun!
- Have you heard the saying, "A procedurally-generated level is like multiple playthroughs in the bank"? Neither have we, and yet here it is bringing more bang for your buck!
A Matrix of Options for Customization
- 20+ skill upgrades and 70+ items is, like, a really good way to bing-bling your characters. Which makes YOU, like, the equivalent of a fantasy game gangsta.
Single Player, Local Multiplayer, Online Multiplayer(Beta)
- You COULD play it all by yourself, comfortably alone in your underwear with a beer hat wrapped around your head, or you could sit there with your so-called friends and play multiplayer locally. Or team-up with online play. Whatever. We support that, too.