Spec Ops: The Line is an action-packed Third-Person Shooter that delivers heart pounding physically close combat through a squad-based play mechanic. Players lead a team of three characters, Captain Martin Walker, Lieutenant Adams and Sergeant Lugo. Each character has his own distinct personality and specialized skills, and the mature story they each play a role in explores the dark side of war in a realistic way, in which there are no good outcomes, only hard choices.
As missions are completed more advanced weapons and equipment are made available. In addition, the desert environment of Dubai is brought into the game in a unique way with stunning visuals, and dynamic sandstorms that actively effect level designs, and which can be used to help and hinder progress. The vertical interiors of Dubai high rise buildings also provide tactical advantages and risks that can be used by players. Multiplayer campaigns bring new modes and unusual situations and environments to expand the single player experience.
- A new portrayal of the military shooter experience with twisting narrative uncertainties.
- Action packed 3rd Person Shooter gameplay provides an up-close and personal view into the brutality and emotion within the combat.
- Command an intelligent and powerful squad of Delta-Force soldiers in a dangerous and unpredictable combat zone.
- Cross “The Line” in a mature story that explores the dark side of war, where there are no bright outcomes, only bad or worse choices.
- Unique Dubai setting strikes the imagination and transports players to a larger-than-life playground for vertical gameplay and stunning visuals.
- Sand-filled Dubai provides new gameplay experiences including sand avalanches, and powerful, disorienting sandstorm combat.
- Customizable, Class-Based, Cross-Platform Multiplayer on Steam between PC and Mac
© 2006 - 2012 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, 2K Games, Spec Ops and Spec Ops: The Line, and their respective logos are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. [FOR NORTH AMERICA: The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association.] Yager and the Yager logo are trademarks of Yager Development GmbH. Darkside and the Darkside logo are trademarks of Darkside Game Studios, Inc. dSonic and the dSonic logo are trademarks of dSonic, Inc. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2012, Epic Games, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Kynapse® software, © 2012 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Autodesk Kynapse is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Uses Bink Video Technology. Copyright © 1997-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Uses FMOD Ex Sound System. Copyright © 2012 by Firelight Technologies. This product includes code licensed from NVIDIA. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. This videogame is fictional and depicts invented events, persons, locations, and entities. The inclusion of any brand, weapon, location, vehicle, person or thing does not imply sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of this game. The makers and publishers of this game do not endorse, condone or encourage engaging in conduct depicted in this product.