Great Old-School Style! 2D Is Still Alive.
I am a bit older, in my late 30's, so the look and feel of this game represents what some of my favorite games ever were like. 2D platforming and shooting is having a comeback and I couldn't be happier. PBS is a nice addition to any Mac gamers playlist and holds a surprising amount of polish. With fluid animation, a wonderful art style and a great soundtrack, you are easily immersed in the universe. BUT BE WARNED.... it is difficult. If you are easily frustrated, this game may not be for you. The lack of save points and the difficulty level may turn some players off.
- Superb Old-School graphics
- Nice soundtrack and game audio
- Controls well when you get used to it
- Only $6.99!
- 2D Baby!
- Can be very difficult for some
- Controls can be a bit hard to get used to
- Can take a while to find upgrades and checkpoints
- Some of the level designs can be overwhelming and a little disorienting for some players