Wow! Sit Back and Be Amazed
First, let me say, I love games that include real art from real artists. Well, this game has plenty of it. It is a wonder to behold in the graphics department. The animation is super smooth and the soundtrack is as engaging as it can be. The way the developers pieced this game together is a triumph of 2D gaming. I may have an affinity for these types of games because they are beautiful, but I think even the hardcore gamer who sits around playing polygonal shooters all day could find the grace in this game. There is simply something mesmerizing about it. Whether it is the soft lighting that helps you explore the underwater world or the frantic feeling you get when you encounter a large enemy for the first time, you want to further the story.
The 2D aspect of the game and maybe the fact that the game takes place under water may make some players look elsewhere for their gaming fix. But those who try this game know why many people are still spending their hard earned cash on the game to this day.
- Absolutely gorgeous
- Great sound work and sountrack
- Levels are created with care and are just as nice to explore
- The cooking aspect and spell generation are quite unique
- Works on older PPC Macs as well as Intel
- Level editor and modding tools are great for those looking to add their own spice to the game
- Hmmmm.. I really have to think about this one. What does that tell you about how good this game is?