- Fixed a rare crash triggered by receiving malformed product data from the Server. - Fixed an issue with the Sidebar not highlighting when clicking the Forward and Back buttons. - Fixed some minor code signing issues to better support Mac OS X 10.9.5 & 10.10.
- An issue where the app would report the wrong amount of Video RAM to the store's system requirements check has been fixed. - Games that come with their own special installers no longer allow incorrect app selection.
- Hotfix: An issue related to dynamically overriding menu items in the Sidebar has been fixed. - Hotfix: The Mac Games Arcade to Mac Game Store migration assistant that's activated when the app is run for the first time is working again. - Download icon animations should be working again.
- The application is much better about dynamically switching graphics hardware on MacBook Pros equipped with discrete GPU's. This should reduce battery usage when the app is run on Mac OS X 10.7 thru 10.9. - Fixed a rare crash related to displaying Registration information for certain games. - Hotfix for a crashing bug dealing with altered system fonts. - Behind the scenes changes to game library system.
- Added a preference to choose the screen corner for News notifications. - Restored the "Disable Notifications" checkbox in the News window. - News notifications no longer appear when an application or game is running in fullscreen mode. - Added a button in the About box to display the EULA.
- Fixed a rare crash bug that could occur when a download fails. - Fixed a rare bug where pausing a download caused the file to get "stuck" until the app was quit and relaunched. - Fixed a corruption issue that could occur when downloading and installing the Steam and/or Origin apps. - Added better support for 404 errors when downloading games and demos. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to perform a ranged download. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to report the size of the file. - Enhanced the verification system.
- Fixed a bug where partial files were sometimes not removed from the hard disk when a download were Cancelled. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur on login while downloading the user's Avatar artwork. - Fixed a problem where clicking the "Back Ordered" button would result in the wrong alert text being displayed. - Optimized some of the animation timers in order to improve battery life when running the Client on laptops with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Added new localization text for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Fixed some additional issues with backordered or on hold game purchases. - Fixed an issue related to resetting the app at launch (ie, holding down the Option key while double-clicking). - Fixed a minor issue with hiding the attached windows used for Rewards, Wallet, and Help. - Hyperlinked URL's in the Registration Notes window now use an internal window to render (rather than bounce out to Safari). - Condensed the Registration Window.
- Added a system to allow users to automatically move old unsupported builds of the MacGameStore App to the Trash when they're found. - Fixed a bug where the state of "Don't show me this again" checkboxes would be saved even when the Cancel button was clicked. - A couple internal changes in sub systems handling updates and app management.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore App for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.3)
- Added a Release Notes button to the app's About... box. All change notes (past and future) will be found there. - Added ability to click on hyperlinked text in the Registration Info window for special case games that have some very unique install instructions. - Added a Preference to toggle crash feedback auto-submit. - Fixed an issue where canceling a "stuck" download would sometimes result in a crash after a period of time had elapsed. - Fixed a Sidebar issue where dynamic entries added and removed by the Server could result in an exception or random crash to occur. - Fixed issue where purchased demos are mistakenly tagged as "Apply Purchase" rather than as "On Hold". - Fixed an issue where where backordered and preordered games might not be tagged correctly in the My Games list. - Fixed a minor issue when parsing game objects during load time. - Games and demos must be fully installed and playable before updates can be applied to them. - - This prevents a crash when attempting to update games that are missing or in an unknown state.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore Apps for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.1)
- Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games & Purchases lists. - Fixed where the Titlebar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Made some GUI changes to the Titlebar's Rewards & Wallet buttons. - Re-ordered a few of the items in the Sidebar and updated the GUI. - Fixed a rare crasher in the game object updating system that could occur while converting games that came from MacGamesArcade. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS. - Improved video card detection (used by the hardware requirements checks). - Added some cleanup code to remove leftover data after the application is updated by Sparkle. - Optimized the startup launch chain just a bit. - Updated many of the 3rd-party Frameworks and libraries.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.5 Users: (v2.4.4)
- Fixed where the Title bar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games and Purchases lists. - Improved video card detection (needed for checking hardware requirements). - Rewards! added to the store side bar. - Features! added to the community side bar. - Did some minor re-ordering of the side bar menu items. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS.
MacGameStore App 2.4.2 is now available for users of OS X 10.5.8 and higher, with the following fixes:
- Fixed a crash that would occur during installation if valid registration information was not found. - Fixed an exception that could occur when reordering the columns in the My Games tables. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur while a new download is being verified.
Mac OS X 10.5 Notice:
Users with OS X 10.5.8 will no longer receive regular updates for the App. Only security updates or stability fixes will be made for the OS X 10.5.8 version. The App will continue to run OK, as is, on OS X 10.5.8. However any brand new features will only be available in the OS X 10.6+ version of the App.