- Added a system to allow users to automatically move old unsupported builds of the MacGameStore App to the Trash when they're found. - Fixed a bug where the state of "Don't show me this again" checkboxes would be saved even when the Cancel button was clicked. - A couple internal changes in sub systems handling updates and app management.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore App for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.3)
- Added a Release Notes button to the app's About... box. All change notes (past and future) will be found there. - Added ability to click on hyperlinked text in the Registration Info window for special case games that have some very unique install instructions. - Added a Preference to toggle crash feedback auto-submit. - Fixed an issue where canceling a "stuck" download would sometimes result in a crash after a period of time had elapsed. - Fixed a Sidebar issue where dynamic entries added and removed by the Server could result in an exception or random crash to occur. - Fixed issue where purchased demos are mistakenly tagged as "Apply Purchase" rather than as "On Hold". - Fixed an issue where where backordered and preordered games might not be tagged correctly in the My Games list. - Fixed a minor issue when parsing game objects during load time. - Games and demos must be fully installed and playable before updates can be applied to them. - - This prevents a crash when attempting to update games that are missing or in an unknown state.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore Apps for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.1)
- Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games & Purchases lists. - Fixed where the Titlebar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Made some GUI changes to the Titlebar's Rewards & Wallet buttons. - Re-ordered a few of the items in the Sidebar and updated the GUI. - Fixed a rare crasher in the game object updating system that could occur while converting games that came from MacGamesArcade. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS. - Improved video card detection (used by the hardware requirements checks). - Added some cleanup code to remove leftover data after the application is updated by Sparkle. - Optimized the startup launch chain just a bit. - Updated many of the 3rd-party Frameworks and libraries.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.5 Users: (v2.4.4)
- Fixed where the Title bar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games and Purchases lists. - Improved video card detection (needed for checking hardware requirements). - Rewards! added to the store side bar. - Features! added to the community side bar. - Did some minor re-ordering of the side bar menu items. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS.
MacGameStore App 2.4.2 is now available for users of OS X 10.5.8 and higher, with the following fixes:
- Fixed a crash that would occur during installation if valid registration information was not found. - Fixed an exception that could occur when reordering the columns in the My Games tables. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur while a new download is being verified.
Mac OS X 10.5 Notice:
Users with OS X 10.5.8 will no longer receive regular updates for the App. Only security updates or stability fixes will be made for the OS X 10.5.8 version. The App will continue to run OK, as is, on OS X 10.5.8. However any brand new features will only be available in the OS X 10.6+ version of the App.
MacGameStore App 2.4 has been released with launch of the new MacGameStore Rewards Program, and new Wallet systems. You can now see your summary information in the titlebar, with direct access to your account.
App additions and fixes: - Added support for the MacGameStore Rewards & Wallet! - Added support to view Manuals for games that have them (available through the My Games "Action" menu). - Improved the web caching while browsing through the Store. - Improved the handling of the Preferences help text. - Improved the handling of background software update checks. - Added the latest Localization data for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Made some improvements to the Manual display (larger default window size; window no longer hides when app is backgrounded). - Fixed a bug in FeedbackReporter which was preventing it from finding crash logs on OS X 10.8 when the users had both a Logs/CrashReporter and a Logs/DiagnosticReports directory on his Mac.
MacGameStore App 2.3.3 is now available and includes the following: - Fixed a crash in the download engine which could occur when the Server returned a 404 error for a temporarily missing file. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur when reporting a failed download event. - Fixed a rare crash at launch caused by the Cocoa NSImage API not finding resource artwork for the app. - Optimized the routines used to verify a downloaded file, so they finish faster than before.
MacGameStore App 2.3.2 is now available and includes the following: - Brand new download engine built for speed, stability, and self awareness! - Downloads that were paused before this update will be converted on launch and resumed. - Initial localizations added for German, Italian, French, and Spanish! - Squashed various bugs and a launch crash. - Fixed a crash in the new download engine that could occur if the system has to abort a download. - Improved handling of download retry attempts by preserving partially downloaded files.
MacGameStore App 2.2.2 is now available and includes the following:
- Fixed text drawing issues with user names, game titles, and a few other things that contain non-ASCII characters. - Searching the Store now works with non-ASCII characters. - Added some additional download failure analysis code. - Made some additional fixes related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper (prior notification settings may be reset, so if you tried to disable them before, you may have to do that again now to make it stick - sorry).
MacGameStore App 2.2.1 is now available and includes the following:
- Required maintenance release. - Incomplete and failed downloads now expire after 2 weeks. - Removed all caching when downloading a file. - Refactored the download file overwrite logic. - Increased the download retry timeout and reduced the download checkpoint threshold. - Added a secondary MD5 verification routine. - Fixed a minor bug in the download progress system.
MacGameStore App 2.2.0 is now available and includes the following:
- The Client, Helper, and Downloader have all been prepped for future localizations (major engine change). - Created a CLGame object class as the basis for all future improvements to the GUI (new stuff coming soon!). - Fixed issues related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper. - Fixed display issues with the MGS Helper's window not aligning itself to the top right corner of the screen. - Fixed a bug in the Helper which randomly caused it to go "brain dead" any time the Client was launched. - Fixed a bug were the app would crash when OS X users with Standard access rights would try to play a Steam game. - Fixed several small bugs in the Steam download system and added better error reporting. - Fixed a bug where the Steam and Origin apps would be installed to the wrong folder for OS X users with Standard access rights. - Fixed two assertions related to games that have their own installers. - Fixed a crash bug that would occur in the download system when a game or demo's location was missing. - Made additional changes to the download system to prevent crashes when the file location returned by MGSAPI is missing. - Made some adjustments to the checksum failure error reporting. - My Games cloud icon is now hidden when Downloads is selected. - Added support for Origin games. - Updated all projects to use Xcode 4.6 / LLVM-GCC 4.2.
MacGameStore App 2.1.0 is now available and includes the following:
- Added forward & back swipe gesture controls to Store navigation for Trackpad users. - Fixed a crash that could occur when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed a problem where one or more Cloud games would go missing when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed an exception that would occur if an application that's part of of a Multiple Binary game gets moved to a different location on the hard disk. - Addressed an issue in the software update system that would sometimes cause an exception to occur when checking the Server for an update. - Fixed a rare crash and reporting issue at the beginning of a download failure event.
MacGameStore App 2.0.11 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Added an automated checkpointing system to improve download reliability. - Added a trimming system to prevent retried downloads from being too large. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a download finished. - Fixed some issues with the built-in software update system. - Fixed some bugs in the new checkpointing system. - Cloud games no longer "jump" to the top of the list when you begin installing them. - Added the latest build of the MGS Helper app. - Updated all codebases to use a newer version of the compiler. - Fixed some obscure syntax and logic issues found by the new compiler. - Extra diagnostics to help solve rare download issues. - Fixed a crash that would occur when trying to download a demo or game that's no longer available. - Fixed an exception that would occur when trying to download a purchased game that's already been Added and Linked to the Cloud. - Fixed several glitches in the Sidebar's badging system.
MacGameStore App 2.0.7 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed a bug which prevented the view from switching to Downloads list when the app is started by an external process (such as the Helper). - Fixed a bug which caused the app to display multiple alerts when it's started by an external process (such as the Helper). - The Server can now remotely update elements of the app's Sidebar. - Made the app backwards compatible for users that have already downloaded games and demos using the older MacGameStore.com install folder. - Improved the text in a few of the alerts. - In the event a download finishes but installation cannot begin immediately, users now have the ability to complete the installation of games and demos from .dmg at a later time. - Added more descriptive error reporting to the installation system. - Some problems that occur during installation no longer cause the game to be tagged as "Install Failed" and are now recoverable. - Added the ability to reinstall some games and demos directly from .dmg files rather than from the cloud. - The default installation folder has been changed from MacGameStore.com to MacGameStore. - The installation folder is now created at app launch time and tested for write capabilities. - Notes have been added to the MacGameStore installation folders that advise against moving installed games and demos. - Applying a purchase to an installed demo is now much faster. - Fixed several problems related to video card identification. - Improved the accuracy of the hardware capabilities identification system.
MacGameStore App 2.0.6 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed critical bugs in the software update system which would prevent the app from updating itself. - Added new systems to pause downloads when free space on the Mac's startup disk falls below 1 GB. - Added ability to remove downloaded DMGs on a game-by-game basis via the My Games Action menus. - Added new system to clean up downloaded DMGs (accessible via the Preferences). - Improved the Download verification system in order to reduce checksum failures. - Fixed a problem where sometimes the Resume button didn't allow its download to continue. - Fixed a few other minor issues with the Downloads system. - Fixed a crash when auto-registering some purchased games on Mac OS X volumes formatted with Case-sensitivity. - Fixed a problem with some games & demos not being playable on Mac OS X volumes formatted with Case-sensitivity. - Fixed a crash caused by OS X not being able to load certain resource files at launch. - Added new logic to locate games and demos tagged as Missing when the Client is first started and also when games are double-clicked to Play.
MacGameStore App 2.0.3 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed issues related to the download Validation getting stuck. - Fixed issues related to the download Validation occasionally failing when the DMG file is good. - Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when attempting a Retry on a download that failed several hours earlier. - Fixed "Connection Error" issue when a download fails the Validation check. - Improved the GUI for incomplete downloads in the various My Games tables. - Improved the GUI for failed download Retries. - Store Forward/Back navigation can now be controlled from the keyboard via "CMD [" and "CMD ]".
MacGameStore App 2.0.2 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed a crash that occurred when Order details could not be retrieved from the Server. - FIxed a crash that occurred when Download details could not be retrieved from the Server. - Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when trying to Play a multiple binary subgame from the Registration Details panel. - Fixed a crash related to receiving updated user Login information. - Moved the verification of downloaded DMGs to a separate thread in order to improve application responsiveness. - Users must be logged in before they may "Apply Purchase" to an installed Demo. - When the Client is launched from a read-only volume, the available choices have been changed to move to the Applications folder and Quit.
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when user data was written to disk at the same time that an installation was taking place. • Improved the downloads Retry system (LARGE CHANGE). • Fixed an issue related to disposing data in the downloads authorization system. • Fixed the direction of the sorting arrows in the My Games tables. • Integrated the latest version of the MGS Helper app.
• Fixed the Lion / Mountain Lion fullscreen minimize traffic light bug. • Added a "move to Applications folder" system at launch. • Added sort indicators to the My Games tables and fixed the sort on click logic. • Added the "Find on My Mac" action to the My Games Purchases table. • Updated the text in the various Add Your Own / Cloud "link" references used throughout the GUI. • Moved the link badge from the game icon to the Action button in the My Games tables. • Removed two unused News subcategories from the Sidebar. • Added a "first launch" state trigger.
• Add Your Own games can now be linked to games in the Cloud. • Conversely, Cloud games can now be linked to Add Your Own games. • The Add Your Own window is now available when viewing All Games. • Fixed several warnings in the Add Your Own system. • The Multiple Binary launch window is now limited to displaying a maximum of 8 subgames at a time. • The Multiple Binary launch window now displays border graphics around all subgames. • The Remove/Move To Trash window for Add Your Own games and games with their own installers now displays a proper icon. • Returned the download animation to its original speed. • MGS Helper v1.09 has been added.
Mac Game Store Beta 5, which is now in open beta, is now available.
Providing Feedback Please visit the MacGameStore App Support to provide feedback. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Bug Fixes - Fixed a crash with download authorizations being rejected by the Server. - Added the latest build of the MGS Helper app. - Helper notifications to download games and demos that are already installed (or being downloaded) causes an alert to be displayed. - The Helper can now be activated and deactivated a bit quicker from the Preferences view. - Resetting MGS at launch now shuts down the Helper app and deletes its preferences. - Performed some additional cleanup to prep the software for Open Beta.