- An issue where the app would report the wrong amount of Video RAM to the store's system requirements check has been fixed. - Games that come with their own special installers no longer allow incorrect app selection.
- Hotfix: An issue related to dynamically overriding menu items in the Sidebar has been fixed. - Hotfix: The Mac Games Arcade to Mac Game Store migration assistant that's activated when the app is run for the first time is working again. - Download icon animations should be working again.
- The application is much better about dynamically switching graphics hardware on MacBook Pros equipped with discrete GPU's. This should reduce battery usage when the app is run on Mac OS X 10.7 thru 10.9. - Fixed a rare crash related to displaying Registration information for certain games. - Hotfix for a crashing bug dealing with altered system fonts. - Behind the scenes changes to game library system.
- Added a preference to choose the screen corner for News notifications. - Restored the "Disable Notifications" checkbox in the News window. - News notifications no longer appear when an application or game is running in fullscreen mode. - Added a button in the About box to display the EULA.
- Fixed a rare crash bug that could occur when a download fails. - Fixed a rare bug where pausing a download caused the file to get "stuck" until the app was quit and relaunched. - Fixed a corruption issue that could occur when downloading and installing the Steam and/or Origin apps. - Added better support for 404 errors when downloading games and demos. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to perform a ranged download. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to report the size of the file. - Enhanced the verification system.
- Fixed a bug where partial files were sometimes not removed from the hard disk when a download were Cancelled. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur on login while downloading the user's Avatar artwork. - Fixed a problem where clicking the "Back Ordered" button would result in the wrong alert text being displayed. - Optimized some of the animation timers in order to improve battery life when running the Client on laptops with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Added new localization text for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Fixed some additional issues with backordered or on hold game purchases. - Fixed an issue related to resetting the app at launch (ie, holding down the Option key while double-clicking). - Fixed a minor issue with hiding the attached windows used for Rewards, Wallet, and Help. - Hyperlinked URL's in the Registration Notes window now use an internal window to render (rather than bounce out to Safari). - Condensed the Registration Window.
- Added a system to allow users to automatically move old unsupported builds of the MacGameStore App to the Trash when they're found. - Fixed a bug where the state of "Don't show me this again" checkboxes would be saved even when the Cancel button was clicked. - A couple internal changes in sub systems handling updates and app management.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore App for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.3)
- Added a Release Notes button to the app's About... box. All change notes (past and future) will be found there. - Added ability to click on hyperlinked text in the Registration Info window for special case games that have some very unique install instructions. - Added a Preference to toggle crash feedback auto-submit. - Fixed an issue where canceling a "stuck" download would sometimes result in a crash after a period of time had elapsed. - Fixed a Sidebar issue where dynamic entries added and removed by the Server could result in an exception or random crash to occur. - Fixed issue where purchased demos are mistakenly tagged as "Apply Purchase" rather than as "On Hold". - Fixed an issue where where backordered and preordered games might not be tagged correctly in the My Games list. - Fixed a minor issue when parsing game objects during load time. - Games and demos must be fully installed and playable before updates can be applied to them. - - This prevents a crash when attempting to update games that are missing or in an unknown state.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore Apps for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.1)
- Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games & Purchases lists. - Fixed where the Titlebar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Made some GUI changes to the Titlebar's Rewards & Wallet buttons. - Re-ordered a few of the items in the Sidebar and updated the GUI. - Fixed a rare crasher in the game object updating system that could occur while converting games that came from MacGamesArcade. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS. - Improved video card detection (used by the hardware requirements checks). - Added some cleanup code to remove leftover data after the application is updated by Sparkle. - Optimized the startup launch chain just a bit. - Updated many of the 3rd-party Frameworks and libraries.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.5 Users: (v2.4.4)
- Fixed where the Title bar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games and Purchases lists. - Improved video card detection (needed for checking hardware requirements). - Rewards! added to the store side bar. - Features! added to the community side bar. - Did some minor re-ordering of the side bar menu items. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS.
MacGameStore App 2.4.2 is now available for users of OS X 10.5.8 and higher, with the following fixes:
- Fixed a crash that would occur during installation if valid registration information was not found. - Fixed an exception that could occur when reordering the columns in the My Games tables. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur while a new download is being verified.
Mac OS X 10.5 Notice:
Users with OS X 10.5.8 will no longer receive regular updates for the App. Only security updates or stability fixes will be made for the OS X 10.5.8 version. The App will continue to run OK, as is, on OS X 10.5.8. However any brand new features will only be available in the OS X 10.6+ version of the App.
MacGameStore App 2.4 has been released with launch of the new MacGameStore Rewards Program, and new Wallet systems. You can now see your summary information in the titlebar, with direct access to your account.
App additions and fixes: - Added support for the MacGameStore Rewards & Wallet! - Added support to view Manuals for games that have them (available through the My Games "Action" menu). - Improved the web caching while browsing through the Store. - Improved the handling of the Preferences help text. - Improved the handling of background software update checks. - Added the latest Localization data for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Made some improvements to the Manual display (larger default window size; window no longer hides when app is backgrounded). - Fixed a bug in FeedbackReporter which was preventing it from finding crash logs on OS X 10.8 when the users had both a Logs/CrashReporter and a Logs/DiagnosticReports directory on his Mac.