This update is only for OS X 10.6.8+ Users who have opted in to beta updates.
- Added a preference to choose the screen corner for News notifications. - Restored the "Disable Notifications" checkbox in the News window. - News notifications no longer appear when an application or game is running in fullscreen mode. - Added a button in the About box to display the EULA.
- Fixed a rare crash bug that could occur when a download fails. - Fixed a rare bug where pausing a download caused the file to get "stuck" until the app was quit and relaunched. - Fixed a corruption issue that could occur when downloading and installing the Steam and/or Origin apps. - Added better support for 404 errors when downloading games and demos. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to perform a ranged download. - Added better error handling and reporting when a download server isn't able to report the size of the file. - Enhanced the verification system.
- Fixed a bug where partial files were sometimes not removed from the hard disk when a download were Cancelled. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur on login while downloading the user's Avatar artwork. - Fixed a problem where clicking the "Back Ordered" button would result in the wrong alert text being displayed. - Optimized some of the animation timers in order to improve battery life when running the Client on laptops with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- Added new localization text for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Fixed some additional issues with backordered or on hold game purchases. - Fixed an issue related to resetting the app at launch (ie, holding down the Option key while double-clicking). - Fixed a minor issue with hiding the attached windows used for Rewards, Wallet, and Help. - Hyperlinked URL's in the Registration Notes window now use an internal window to render (rather than bounce out to Safari). - Condensed the Registration Window.
- Added a system to allow users to automatically move old unsupported builds of the MacGameStore App to the Trash when they're found. - Fixed a bug where the state of "Don't show me this again" checkboxes would be saved even when the Cancel button was clicked. - A couple internal changes in sub systems handling updates and app management.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore App for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.3)
- Added a Release Notes button to the app's About... box. All change notes (past and future) will be found there. - Added ability to click on hyperlinked text in the Registration Info window for special case games that have some very unique install instructions. - Added a Preference to toggle crash feedback auto-submit. - Fixed an issue where canceling a "stuck" download would sometimes result in a crash after a period of time had elapsed. - Fixed a Sidebar issue where dynamic entries added and removed by the Server could result in an exception or random crash to occur. - Fixed issue where purchased demos are mistakenly tagged as "Apply Purchase" rather than as "On Hold". - Fixed an issue where where backordered and preordered games might not be tagged correctly in the My Games list. - Fixed a minor issue when parsing game objects during load time. - Games and demos must be fully installed and playable before updates can be applied to them. - - This prevents a crash when attempting to update games that are missing or in an unknown state.
A new update was published for the MacGameStore Apps for both OS X 10.5.8 users and 10.6.8+ users.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.6.8+ Users: (v2.5.1)
- Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games & Purchases lists. - Fixed where the Titlebar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Made some GUI changes to the Titlebar's Rewards & Wallet buttons. - Re-ordered a few of the items in the Sidebar and updated the GUI. - Fixed a rare crasher in the game object updating system that could occur while converting games that came from MacGamesArcade. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS. - Improved video card detection (used by the hardware requirements checks). - Added some cleanup code to remove leftover data after the application is updated by Sparkle. - Optimized the startup launch chain just a bit. - Updated many of the 3rd-party Frameworks and libraries.
App changes and fixes for OS X 10.5 Users: (v2.4.4)
- Fixed where the Title bar's progress indicator would spin indefinitely while on game detail pages. - Fixed sorting issues with items in the All Games and Purchases lists. - Improved video card detection (needed for checking hardware requirements). - Rewards! added to the store side bar. - Features! added to the community side bar. - Did some minor re-ordering of the side bar menu items. - Fixed a bug in the MGA->MGS migration system which sometimes prevented Demos from being brought over from MGA to MGS.
MacGameStore App 2.4.2 is now available for users of OS X 10.5.8 and higher, with the following fixes:
- Fixed a crash that would occur during installation if valid registration information was not found. - Fixed an exception that could occur when reordering the columns in the My Games tables. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur while a new download is being verified.
Mac OS X 10.5 Notice:
Users with OS X 10.5.8 will no longer receive regular updates for the App. Only security updates or stability fixes will be made for the OS X 10.5.8 version. The App will continue to run OK, as is, on OS X 10.5.8. However any brand new features will only be available in the OS X 10.6+ version of the App.
MacGameStore App 2.4 has been released with launch of the new MacGameStore Rewards Program, and new Wallet systems. You can now see your summary information in the titlebar, with direct access to your account.
App additions and fixes: - Added support for the MacGameStore Rewards & Wallet! - Added support to view Manuals for games that have them (available through the My Games "Action" menu). - Improved the web caching while browsing through the Store. - Improved the handling of the Preferences help text. - Improved the handling of background software update checks. - Added the latest Localization data for the German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages. - Made some improvements to the Manual display (larger default window size; window no longer hides when app is backgrounded). - Fixed a bug in FeedbackReporter which was preventing it from finding crash logs on OS X 10.8 when the users had both a Logs/CrashReporter and a Logs/DiagnosticReports directory on his Mac.
MacGameStore App 2.3.3 is now available and includes the following: - Fixed a crash in the download engine which could occur when the Server returned a 404 error for a temporarily missing file. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur when reporting a failed download event. - Fixed a rare crash at launch caused by the Cocoa NSImage API not finding resource artwork for the app. - Optimized the routines used to verify a downloaded file, so they finish faster than before.
MacGameStore App 2.3.2 is now available and includes the following: - Brand new download engine built for speed, stability, and self awareness! - Downloads that were paused before this update will be converted on launch and resumed. - Initial localizations added for German, Italian, French, and Spanish! - Squashed various bugs and a launch crash. - Fixed a crash in the new download engine that could occur if the system has to abort a download. - Improved handling of download retry attempts by preserving partially downloaded files.
MacGameStore App 2.2.2 is now available and includes the following:
- Fixed text drawing issues with user names, game titles, and a few other things that contain non-ASCII characters. - Searching the Store now works with non-ASCII characters. - Added some additional download failure analysis code. - Made some additional fixes related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper (prior notification settings may be reset, so if you tried to disable them before, you may have to do that again now to make it stick - sorry).
MacGameStore App 2.2.1 is now available and includes the following:
- Required maintenance release. - Incomplete and failed downloads now expire after 2 weeks. - Removed all caching when downloading a file. - Refactored the download file overwrite logic. - Increased the download retry timeout and reduced the download checkpoint threshold. - Added a secondary MD5 verification routine. - Fixed a minor bug in the download progress system.
MacGameStore App 2.2.0 is now available and includes the following:
- The Client, Helper, and Downloader have all been prepped for future localizations (major engine change). - Created a CLGame object class as the basis for all future improvements to the GUI (new stuff coming soon!). - Fixed issues related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper. - Fixed display issues with the MGS Helper's window not aligning itself to the top right corner of the screen. - Fixed a bug in the Helper which randomly caused it to go "brain dead" any time the Client was launched. - Fixed a bug were the app would crash when OS X users with Standard access rights would try to play a Steam game. - Fixed several small bugs in the Steam download system and added better error reporting. - Fixed a bug where the Steam and Origin apps would be installed to the wrong folder for OS X users with Standard access rights. - Fixed two assertions related to games that have their own installers. - Fixed a crash bug that would occur in the download system when a game or demo's location was missing. - Made additional changes to the download system to prevent crashes when the file location returned by MGSAPI is missing. - Made some adjustments to the checksum failure error reporting. - My Games cloud icon is now hidden when Downloads is selected. - Added support for Origin games. - Updated all projects to use Xcode 4.6 / LLVM-GCC 4.2.
MacGameStore App 2.1.0 is now available and includes the following:
- Added forward & back swipe gesture controls to Store navigation for Trackpad users. - Fixed a crash that could occur when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed a problem where one or more Cloud games would go missing when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed an exception that would occur if an application that's part of of a Multiple Binary game gets moved to a different location on the hard disk. - Addressed an issue in the software update system that would sometimes cause an exception to occur when checking the Server for an update. - Fixed a rare crash and reporting issue at the beginning of a download failure event.