MacGameStore App 2.2.3 is now available and includes the following: - Maintenance release on the self-updating mechanism for future App updates.
MacGameStore App 2.2.2 is now available and includes the following:
- Fixed text drawing issues with user names, game titles, and a few other things that contain non-ASCII characters. - Searching the Store now works with non-ASCII characters. - Added some additional download failure analysis code. - Made some additional fixes related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper (prior notification settings may be reset, so if you tried to disable them before, you may have to do that again now to make it stick - sorry).
MacGameStore App 2.2.1 is now available and includes the following:
- Required maintenance release. - Incomplete and failed downloads now expire after 2 weeks. - Removed all caching when downloading a file. - Refactored the download file overwrite logic. - Increased the download retry timeout and reduced the download checkpoint threshold. - Added a secondary MD5 verification routine. - Fixed a minor bug in the download progress system.
MacGameStore App 2.2.0 is now available and includes the following:
- The Client, Helper, and Downloader have all been prepped for future localizations (major engine change). - Created a CLGame object class as the basis for all future improvements to the GUI (new stuff coming soon!). - Fixed issues related to enabling and disabling news notifications in the MGS Helper. - Fixed display issues with the MGS Helper's window not aligning itself to the top right corner of the screen. - Fixed a bug in the Helper which randomly caused it to go "brain dead" any time the Client was launched. - Fixed a bug were the app would crash when OS X users with Standard access rights would try to play a Steam game. - Fixed several small bugs in the Steam download system and added better error reporting. - Fixed a bug where the Steam and Origin apps would be installed to the wrong folder for OS X users with Standard access rights. - Fixed two assertions related to games that have their own installers. - Fixed a crash bug that would occur in the download system when a game or demo's location was missing. - Made additional changes to the download system to prevent crashes when the file location returned by MGSAPI is missing. - Made some adjustments to the checksum failure error reporting. - My Games cloud icon is now hidden when Downloads is selected. - Added support for Origin games. - Updated all projects to use Xcode 4.6 / LLVM-GCC 4.2.
MacGameStore App 2.1.0 is now available and includes the following:
- Added forward & back swipe gesture controls to Store navigation for Trackpad users. - Fixed a crash that could occur when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed a problem where one or more Cloud games would go missing when an Add Your Own game is Linked to the Cloud, and a copy of the same game is also downloaded from the Cloud. - Fixed an exception that would occur if an application that's part of of a Multiple Binary game gets moved to a different location on the hard disk. - Addressed an issue in the software update system that would sometimes cause an exception to occur when checking the Server for an update. - Fixed a rare crash and reporting issue at the beginning of a download failure event.
MacGameStore App 2.0.11 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Added an automated checkpointing system to improve download reliability. - Added a trimming system to prevent retried downloads from being too large. - Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a download finished. - Fixed some issues with the built-in software update system. - Fixed some bugs in the new checkpointing system. - Cloud games no longer "jump" to the top of the list when you begin installing them. - Added the latest build of the MGS Helper app. - Updated all codebases to use a newer version of the compiler. - Fixed some obscure syntax and logic issues found by the new compiler. - Extra diagnostics to help solve rare download issues. - Fixed a crash that would occur when trying to download a demo or game that's no longer available. - Fixed an exception that would occur when trying to download a purchased game that's already been Added and Linked to the Cloud. - Fixed several glitches in the Sidebar's badging system.
MacGameStore App 2.0.7 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed a bug which prevented the view from switching to Downloads list when the app is started by an external process (such as the Helper). - Fixed a bug which caused the app to display multiple alerts when it's started by an external process (such as the Helper). - The Server can now remotely update elements of the app's Sidebar. - Made the app backwards compatible for users that have already downloaded games and demos using the older MacGameStore.com install folder. - Improved the text in a few of the alerts. - In the event a download finishes but installation cannot begin immediately, users now have the ability to complete the installation of games and demos from .dmg at a later time. - Added more descriptive error reporting to the installation system. - Some problems that occur during installation no longer cause the game to be tagged as "Install Failed" and are now recoverable. - Added the ability to reinstall some games and demos directly from .dmg files rather than from the cloud. - The default installation folder has been changed from MacGameStore.com to MacGameStore. - The installation folder is now created at app launch time and tested for write capabilities. - Notes have been added to the MacGameStore installation folders that advise against moving installed games and demos. - Applying a purchase to an installed demo is now much faster. - Fixed several problems related to video card identification. - Improved the accuracy of the hardware capabilities identification system.
MacGameStore App 2.0.6 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed critical bugs in the software update system which would prevent the app from updating itself. - Added new systems to pause downloads when free space on the Mac's startup disk falls below 1 GB. - Added ability to remove downloaded DMGs on a game-by-game basis via the My Games Action menus. - Added new system to clean up downloaded DMGs (accessible via the Preferences). - Improved the Download verification system in order to reduce checksum failures. - Fixed a problem where sometimes the Resume button didn't allow its download to continue. - Fixed a few other minor issues with the Downloads system. - Fixed a crash when auto-registering some purchased games on Mac OS X volumes formatted with Case-sensitivity. - Fixed a problem with some games & demos not being playable on Mac OS X volumes formatted with Case-sensitivity. - Fixed a crash caused by OS X not being able to load certain resource files at launch. - Added new logic to locate games and demos tagged as Missing when the Client is first started and also when games are double-clicked to Play.
MacGameStore App 2.0.3 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed issues related to the download Validation getting stuck. - Fixed issues related to the download Validation occasionally failing when the DMG file is good. - Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when attempting a Retry on a download that failed several hours earlier. - Fixed "Connection Error" issue when a download fails the Validation check. - Improved the GUI for incomplete downloads in the various My Games tables. - Improved the GUI for failed download Retries. - Store Forward/Back navigation can now be controlled from the keyboard via "CMD [" and "CMD ]".
MacGameStore App 2.0.2 is now available and includes the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed a crash that occurred when Order details could not be retrieved from the Server. - FIxed a crash that occurred when Download details could not be retrieved from the Server. - Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when trying to Play a multiple binary subgame from the Registration Details panel. - Fixed a crash related to receiving updated user Login information. - Moved the verification of downloaded DMGs to a separate thread in order to improve application responsiveness. - Users must be logged in before they may "Apply Purchase" to an installed Demo. - When the Client is launched from a read-only volume, the available choices have been changed to move to the Applications folder and Quit.
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when user data was written to disk at the same time that an installation was taking place. • Improved the downloads Retry system (LARGE CHANGE). • Fixed an issue related to disposing data in the downloads authorization system. • Fixed the direction of the sorting arrows in the My Games tables. • Integrated the latest version of the MGS Helper app.
• Fixed the Lion / Mountain Lion fullscreen minimize traffic light bug. • Added a "move to Applications folder" system at launch. • Added sort indicators to the My Games tables and fixed the sort on click logic. • Added the "Find on My Mac" action to the My Games Purchases table. • Updated the text in the various Add Your Own / Cloud "link" references used throughout the GUI. • Moved the link badge from the game icon to the Action button in the My Games tables. • Removed two unused News subcategories from the Sidebar. • Added a "first launch" state trigger.
• Add Your Own games can now be linked to games in the Cloud. • Conversely, Cloud games can now be linked to Add Your Own games. • The Add Your Own window is now available when viewing All Games. • Fixed several warnings in the Add Your Own system. • The Multiple Binary launch window is now limited to displaying a maximum of 8 subgames at a time. • The Multiple Binary launch window now displays border graphics around all subgames. • The Remove/Move To Trash window for Add Your Own games and games with their own installers now displays a proper icon. • Returned the download animation to its original speed. • MGS Helper v1.09 has been added.
We are inching towards a final release. Beta 7 is now available and includes further fixes and changes:
Fixed a crash that occurred when a purchased game began downloading without obtaining authorization from the Server.
Fixed a crash that occurred when applying a purchase to a demo before obtaining authorization from the Server.
Fixed a crash that occurred when a purchased game was Updated or Reinstalled before obtaining authorization from the Server.
Fixed a bug which caused some Mac Games Arcade purchases to show up as demos in the Mac Game Store app.
Fixed a bug which prevented a Mac Games Arcade purchase from showing up in the Mac Game Store app if a demo of the game was also found in MGA.
The Mac Game Store app now displays a warning if the user tries to Quit the app while a game is being registered.
Fixed some Action menu update issues in the All Games & Purchases lists related to product status changes.
MGS Helper v1.08 has been added.
Sped up the download animation a wee bit.
Fixed a few minor issues in the launch chain that might hinder the Client's initial sync with the Server.
Added an independent caching system to ensure that download authorizations are properly managed.
Mac Game Store Beta 5, which is now in open beta, is now available.
Providing Feedback Please visit the MacGameStore App Support to provide feedback. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bug Fixes - Fixed a crash with download authorizations being rejected by the Server. - Added the latest build of the MGS Helper app. - Helper notifications to download games and demos that are already installed (or being downloaded) causes an alert to be displayed. - The Helper can now be activated and deactivated a bit quicker from the Preferences view. - Resetting MGS at launch now shuts down the Helper app and deletes its preferences. - Performed some additional cleanup to prep the software for Open Beta.
Mac Game Store Beta 2 is now available.
Providing Feedback Please visit the MacGameStore App Support to provide feedback. You can also email us at email@example.com.
Bug Fixes - Fixed a major memory leak in the My Games tables. - Fixed a minor memory leak in the Preferences. - Game special installation notes have been integrated directly into the Registration Info panel. - Fixed main menu bugs where items that required the Client to be online were available either before the software was fully initialized or after the software went into Offline mode. - Added Prefs support to enable/disable News Notifications in the Helper app (option is temporarily grayed out). - Performing an Install Actions now deselects all rows in My Games. - Put back the white spinning progress indicator in the title bar. - Dialog and panels now display icons when the Client is run under Mac OS X 10.5.8. - Made the Prefs Help text fancier.
Mac Game Store beta build 77 is now ready for testing. This marks the first beta version of the app, which means the app is now feature complete and ready for final testing before the official launch in September.
Testing The Beta Our focus this week is trying to find as many crashing bugs with the app as possible. Please navigate through the app as much as possible. Please download as many games and demos as possible. You are, of course, encouraged to purchase any games you've been eyeing through the app.
As an extra incentive, we will be giving out $100 gift certificates to three beta testers. In order to qualify, please download at least 10 different games (ones you own, purchase, or demos) and then post how many games you've downloaded in the MacGameStore App Support. The more posts you make (bug reports, feedback, your downloads, etc), the higher chance you'll have of winning one of the gift certifcates! Three random beta testers from the Mac Game Store Beta Test forum will be picked one week from now.
Sending Feedback If you would like to send feedback, please visit our private Mac Game Store Beta Test forum (password: macgames), visit us in the Chat room, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build 76 Posted with the following notes:
Fixed a random startup crash that could occur when the Client got launched by the MGS Helper and told to start a new download.
Retrying a failed download now prompts the user with a dialog and better instructions.
Failed downloads can now be Retried from areas of My Games other than Downloads.
Downloads should no longer become "stuck" if they're activated during a network interruption.
Improved the accuracy of the global downloads progress bar.
Fixed issues with the various My Games tables not fitting properly into a resized main window after the Client is quit and relaunched.
Added Whitelist functionality to the main web view so that unknown URLs can be directed to Safari.
Added a stand-alone window to the Chat system.
The Downloads table is now displayed by default if the Client receives a download notification at launch.
Fixed minor rendering issue when clicking the Titlebar's sign in button when already logged in.
Games that have their own special installer programs can now be found more easily after installation.
Stand-alone windows now respond to CMD-W.
Updated the URL used to purchase Demos.
Fixed My Games expansion problem with the Demos & Locals tables.
Added new Cloud badge to account game icons.
First pass at Preferences screen and functionality added.
Fixed a bug with displaying Registration Info for Multiple Binaries.
Fixed a crash when displaying error alerts with missing substring parameters.
Fixed issue with certain error alerts not displaying the correct text.
Put in a temporary fix to prevent the Client from crashing when Retrying a failed download.
Changed up the main menu bar's Help links.
Removing a failed download from the All Games list now forces that list to immediately update itself.
Disabled some Sidebar, Titlebar, and main menu items when the Client goes into Offline mode.
Initial work on the Preferences has begun (controls disabled).
The new alpha build includes the following fixes and changes:
Drag 'n dropping a folder on to the My Games - Local table now recursively adds all apps.
Added animation and new art to the global download progress bar.
Clicking the global download progress bar now displays the Downloads table.
Added cloud overlay to the icons of purchased games that haven't been installed.
Added "(demo)" tag to installed Demos.
Disabled the popping Action buttons.
Changed the expiration date to 9/4.
Removing a Demo from the All Games list now forces the table to update itself.
Disabled segmented buttons are no longer clickable in My Games.
When the Client is started in Offline mode, My Games is now selected by default.
The My Games "action" buttons are now segmented, dynamic in nature, and displayed via mouse rollover.
All columns in My Games are now sortable (except for Downloads).
The Multiple Binaries window now displays a "Close" button.
Added "queued" artwork to the download progress indicators.
Updated two Support links in the Sidebar.
Fixed crash exception with the Queued Alert system.
The Registration details dialog now allows users to view "Registration Notes" if they exist for a particular game.
Purchased Games that are Serial Numbers only (eg, Steam titles) now display Registration details when you double-click them.
Multiple Binary games with Serial Numbers now display Registration details when you double-click them.
The Beta Test Survey has been removed.
The new alpha build includes the following fixes and changes:
Fixed issue with FeedbackReporters dialog not appearing a crash occurs.
Fixed exception crash within the My Games Action menu system.
Added new checks to prevent the downloading and launching of PowerPC games on Intel Macs that are not running Rosetta.
Fixed issue with Demos of Multiple Binary games not launching (ex: Tropico 3 demo).
Removed unused API data accessors.
Added User Voice to community.
Fixed checkout bug with free ($0) orders requiring payment information.
CSS magic added in that place that had issues before now.
Server upgrade to increase responsiveness of the system overall.
Macgamestore Build 67 Alpha Change Log:
PayPal purchases are now live (please give this a try if you purchase via Paypal!)
Once a purchase is made, the game automatically downloads (no need to click on Install)
Added demo graphic to tiles that have demo (flipping the tile reveals button to download demo)
Added a filter to show only games that have demos (feature requested by users)
Fixed issues with inactive products causing the app to crash
Updated the forums to match style of the new design
Added Chat to community
Prepped User Voice and Polls for future launch
The Server Install Key is now discarded for Games that have NULL getProductDetails.
Products that have missing boxshot artwork should now show the "M" logo art when a download is initiated.
Fixed MGA -> MGS migration problem with Demos.
Temporarily replaced the 3rd party spinning progress indicator in the Titlebar with - NSProgressIndicator in order to improve app stability.
Moved all object access to the spinning progress indicator to the main thread in order to improve app stability.
Made the requisite design changes to the Community section of the Sidebar.
Added a "Not Implemented' alert for the Preferences.