10 replies to this topic

#1 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:50 AM

I get a lot of the "wishlish game on sale" emails, since I have an extensive wish list. Usually there are no problems, but I recently got a really long email with a lot of games on offer, where the last one had missing buttons and information - See this screenshot where I scrolled to the bottom of the email in Mail.

Not in any way a big problem, but I thought I would report it.

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

Hay Thain, thanks for reporting. I sent you an email with some further requests.

#3 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

I am glad you got it fixed!

And for something totally different, why isn't there a link to the forums directly from the Support menu? I always go here directly.. :P

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

There used to be, it was "Community Support". But it got removed... too many people were using it to ask about why their order is on hold, and that is best to go straight to official support, since they are the only ones who can answer. The only answer the community can provide, is what is already stickied right in their face ;)

In otherwords, we removed the direct link to forum support, to encourage more people to use official support, since thats where they get the best help.

#5 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

Well, it totally makes sense from your point of view. But I am still here to complain, so you have to deal with me. But I also believe I'm one of your good customers, so I deserve it! :P (I try to buy all my Mac games from this site, which amounts to about 95% of my shopping at the moment)

And speaking of complaining; I'd like to see ratings not being displayed in the list views on the site, if there are less than say 3 ratings. I see a *lot* of games with just one rating of 5 stars, despite it being clear that the games are indie-B crappalicious material. It would make it MUCH easier to actually find good games, because as it is now, searching for a specific genre, and then sort by rating, is pretty much pointless due to all the filler crap. The good games with multiple 4-5 star ratings deserve to be bumped up, and get my $$$, and everybody elses for that matter!

Short of probably getting your more money, it would also be easier for me to find the indie gems I've never heard about before...

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

True.

What would be super awesome is if more shoppers actually bothered to give a rating. They dont have to write a review, just click on a star. Done. We even make it easy to know what games thye bought by listing all those star pickers in their account tool ;)

But you are right.... all those '1' vote games make a mess of sorting.

#7 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:55 AM

Burn the heretics! ...Or at least don't display the average rating, based on the yuuuge sample size of: 1.

And another suggestion: It would be nice if the differences between editions of the same game was somehow more clear. For instance, I was looking at the 3 versions of Tyranny which is now on offer and I was trying to figure out which one I would want. I usually get the most expensive one, but in this case, I'm REALLY having a hard time figuring out what the difference is between the Archon and Overlord editions, because the description doesn't mention it in any way. Is this information provided solely by the Publisher? I think the a collectors guide and art book is the only difference...?

It doesn't get better for Tyranny.. The two DLCs state they require the Commander Edition of Tyranny, does that mean they are included in the other two editions, despite not being mentioned? Or do they actually also work in the other two, despite what the store states?

And to make it even better, the Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers DLC says at the top that it can help you to "Customize your Fatebinder with a selection of 20 new character portraits!"... Which I assume is wrong, and is actually something taken from the Tyranny - Portrait Pack DLC.. :P

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

Product descriptions come from publishers. You would think a publisher have a better idea how to 'sell' the product by giving clear and informative information. But nope! LOL. Sometimes, even WE don't know what exactly is in which edition of what game.

As for what dlc requires what... thats where things break down due to the immense flexible (and stupidly so) nature of dlc-hell that some publishers push out. With packs, and groups, and extra editions, and sub editions, and bundles, and ... its like, geezus guys.

What they are ebbing at, is for customers to throw their hands up in the air, and just buy every single release even remotely labeled for a certain game series. That way, when you apply them all together, you actually end up getting all the stuff. A few times over, but you get it all.

Borderlands 2 was this way. Horrible horrible way to market a game.

#9 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, it is one of the reasons I never pay for DLC. I just want the definite edition, and I can wait for that to come down in price.

Borderlands 2: GOTYE was so annoying, having to type in so many codes.. >_<

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:08 AM

Posted Image

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

I fiddled with the ratings limit in searches, both by filter, and by sorting. The sorting is odd, because sorting by rating will actually REDUCE the search results (since it eliminates <=3)... which is contradictory to what 'sort' means. But hopefully no one will care (or notice) and complain about it.

For example, search by all: https://www.macgames...om/listing/all/

Then click the 'sort by highest rating first', and note the difference in the total products shown in each.

Currency