Community Forum

- - - - -

The Movies (help getting more employees mod)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amyleew1

amyleew1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hi everyone

I have played The Movies on PC for years and have missed it since switching over to a mac. I found it in the store yesterday and bought it but not having my trusty old mod to get more employees at the gate is so painful I’m regretting the purchase already if I can’t fix it.

The thing I did on my PC was this (copied from a website but it worked):

1- open the movies folder
2- open the data folder
3- make a copy of the "facility" folder in some other location
4- if u want - janitors or builders - open facility_gatehouse file - crew - open the facility_crew file - actors - open facility_stage file
5- edit the bottom line that say's - staff=xxxxxxxx crew=xxxxxxx wannabe=xxxxxxxxx
(xxxxxxxx is a number) ....Try to put a maximum amount of 200 or your lot will be full of people........

Does anyone know how I can do that on Mac? I have tried mounting the moviesdata.dmg but the folder structure in there is not the same so I’m not even sure I have done the right thing. I can’t find a ‘facility’ folder or any of the ‘facility_’ files they mention.

Is anyone able to help? I’m dying to play but the game is just lacking available staff.

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

I wonder if you have to dive into the .app itself (right click, "Show Package Contents")... maybe the folder you are looking for is in there? I'm not sure how they ported the game to the mac, its very possible they changed a lot, or nothing at all (a quick port usually just leaves all data files the sale).

#3 amyleew1

amyleew1

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

I gave that a try and found a lot of different things but nothing that says Facility. Do you think there is anything else to try?

Currency