Telltale Run Around

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Morris

Chris Morris

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

So I ordered Batman, the Telltale Series back on September of last year (!).  Been waiting patiently (and not so patiently) for the promised game.  I finally realized it is likely never coming out for some reason.  MacGameStore says it isn't  their game so I need to contact Telltale for support.  Telltale says I didn't buy the game direct from them so talk to the store I bought it from. And so on and so on.

Clearly, at this point I have just made a donation to Telltale's coffers (with a little something extra for MGS for their time apparently) and without so much as a thank you, I am now being blasted with emails trying to convince me to buy Guardians of the Galaxy!  Fool me once . . .

I don't know what problems they had with Batman and it is disappointing to not get it, but I understand.  Things happen.  I'm sure they wanted to release a mac version.  But a little communication, a little apology, and some form of credit or reimbursement would have gone a long way to soothe the disappointment.  No company is perfect, but sincere customer service is not rocket science.  You treat customers the way you would expect to be treated.  Or you don't care and you go that way instead. I always had the highest respect for Telltale but this experience has shown me who they truly are, and I won't forget.

And I'm certainly not forking over another donation.

Chris - Chicago

#2 Chris Morris

Chris Morris

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

So no replies to this from anyone.  Typical.  I don't know what the problem is with not being able to make the original Batman Telltale game available for Mac but it seems there should have been some sort of solution such as:

1. A refund
2. A credit
3. A different Telltale game that is available for Mac like Guardians of the Galaxy or the new Batman series (which is available for mac at least on steam)
4. The iOS version of Batman.

At this point I can't even get an answer.  Telltale doesn't claim any ownership since I didn't buy it direct from them.
MGS won't respond at all.  Just took my money and ran.

It's clear I won't be buying another game from either Telltale or MGS again.  This is why steam and GOG are the clear leaders.  Decent customer service is not rocket science.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1434 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

You should have gotten responses from MGS support on the tickets, they dont normally ignore customers (checked spam? do you get any other emails from mgs services?). If you never received any emails, then it is really curious what is happening there.

I am also unsure why you were not refunded months ago for that total failure Telltale did. They not only robbed lots of users directly, they also robbed stores that paid royalties on all those pre-orders never to be delivered.

#4 Chris Morris

Chris Morris

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I will check through my spam folder for any replies from MGS (Telltale did respond but were totally unhelpful.)

Currency