Anyone Recommend Good Adventure Game?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 okernel

okernel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:21 AM

I am looking for an adventure game along the lines of Zork, Myst or The Talos Principle that combines great graphics with puzzles to seriously challenge our minds.  Not at all interested in "shoot 'em ups" or anything that kills us off on a regular basis.  Don't mind paying a princely sum for the right game as long as we are entertained for a reasonable period.  Any suggestions?

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:33 AM

Theres a handful of ones of that style... and I'm having a hard time recalling their names offhand.

I do know Cyan made a new game called Obduction... but its currently Windows only and they have murmur'd about a mac version when OSX is capable of dealing with the UE4 engine better.

Theres some really OLD ones called the Journeyman Project series... but I dunno if that even runs on anything OSX :(

#3 okernel

okernel

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Frigidman, I have many of the "OLD" ones, all played and loved, and would play them again but they are pre-OSX.  Don't get me wrong, there are some interesting ones for OSX (Monkey Island, Book of Unwritten Tales, etc), but they are not a patch on the old ones in my opinion.  I will keep an eye on Obduction (thanks) and keep my fingers crossed.  Meanwhile it's back to the flight simulator and train simulator.

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

Theres some lists through google like "games like myst"... I looked over them, and some have some weird games tossed in, but generally seemed a bit helpful. That might give an idea of something to look into. Always read some reviews of games though first if you are unsure about one.

Like, I see many of those lists mention "Machinarium"... and although it IS a good fun puzzle adventure... its no where near the visual caliber of the later Cyan games.

Currency