8 replies to this topic

#1 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

I just got one of my regular "This game in your wishlist is on sale!" which is awesomesauce (I have around 80 games on my wishlist, so I get a lot of these).

But while the email was send from the MacGameStore as usual, the game was regarding "Xcom Enemy Unknown: Complete Edition", which is not available for Mac. Also, clicking the 'Game details' button send me to WinGameStore, a dark place where I never go. It was also clear that I didn't have the game on my wishlist from that page, so it has to have been an error of some sort.

I looked Mac Xcom up, and I was absolutely sure i had "Xcom Enemy Unknown: Edlite Edition" on my wishlist, but turns out I didn't (Or did something sinister remove it??). I did have Xcom2 on the wishlist though.

Not really a major problem, but I thought I'd let you know. Mac gamers shouldn't get Win emails for sure, as that could mess up what some customers might buy, if they didn't stay alert. :)

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:25 AM

The way its setup, is any game on your wishlist, if it goes on sale, will send you a notice about that. So, if you DID have a game that only shows up on WGS in your list, you would get an email.

The "Format" of the email (the wrapper style), will be based off the last store you visited (if the game is not strictly on one store) though. Since many games show up on both stores it wont know what format to use, so it uses your last visited store theme. A little complicated there.

As for why you got an email for a game that is not on your wishlist ???!!! I will look into that.

#3 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

I think you should give me all Mac Xcom entries you have, for free, as an excuse for sending me such a disturbing email. Otherwise I may have to do stuff. Like poop in the janitors room or something. Or take off tBCs leash. Yeah!

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

Ha. Letting tBC off the leash may be dangerous for everyone.

#5 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

Imagine that, cat poop everywhere. That'll slow down all downloads.

But back to the issue at hand - Did MGS previously have Xcom Complete Edition for Mac in its database? Because that would explain why I didn't have the regular Xcom on my wishlist, I always just tag the ultimatest version. Could explain why I got the email mayhaps.

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:34 AM

I asked, and the Complete ed. (by Take2), is/was always a WGS entry. While the Elite ed. (by Feral) is/was always MGS only.

I can only imagine you ventured into the dark side by mistake(?), and tagged it to your wishlist during that expedition. Its the kind of action only the user can do as the system won't 'smartly add' items to your list based on other items.

#7 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:09 AM

I am pretty sure I would never have done that, as it is only recently I discovered that WGS actually existed. And with the fact that it wasn't actually tagged as such when I went to the link, is just a second confirmation..

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:20 AM

Weird.

No one else uses your account on your home network?

You added "XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack" to your wishlist: GMT: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 10:51:00 GMT

So its been there awhile. But, just because no one recalls it being on MGS, doesn't mean it wasnt on MGS before Feral's version got put up. So...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actually that doesn't make sense either... because the Feral XCOM Enemy Unknown products have a much older SKU ID, and were posted well a year in advance of the take2. Actually back when WGS didn't exist. Heh. ITS A MYSTERY! Must be uncovered!

#9 T'hain Esh Kelch

T'hain Esh Kelch

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:53 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 02 February 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

No one else uses your account on your home network?
Nope. My girlfriend is the only one with such access, and her interest in (Mac) gaming is at the same level as my interest in wearing lipstick.

Lets let this thread die a silent death after this post.

Currency