Community Forum

- - - - -

What games can my macbook air 13inch 1.6ghz play?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VereVolf91

VereVolf91

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

I recently sold my windows pc and got a macbook air 13inch 1.6ghz for portability since I am going back to school. I saw videos online that says macbook can play bunch of games. To my surprise more than half of my purchases on steam were not playable on the macbook. Windows access doesn’t exist on here and I heard many complains about the excel. Anytime I try to play a game, even small games on low graphics such as Diablo 3 or league of legends my macbook gets super loud and hot. Can someone tell me what games can I comfortably games on this device? If this thing gets hot and melts I don’t have time patience or money to get this fixed. This is 2016 my device retails at $899 wtf is this crap.

Thanks,

#2 green_knight

green_knight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

I’m right now playing LOTR: War in the North on a MacBook Air (13’, 8GB memory), and it runs as smooth as you could hope for. If you’re worried about performance, you can check in Activity Monitor who the memory/CPU hogs are on your system. I’m finding that some low-key puzzle games are much worse than big powerful action games in that regard… not what I expected.

#3 Wondering About That

Wondering About That

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

I have a 1.4 ghz, early 2014, 13” 4gb memory macbook air. Some games I enjoy playing on here are: Bloons TD5, Portal, Green City, 1894, Age of empires 3, Adelantado trilogy (it’s so so), 12 labours of hercules, anti-squad, moai: build your dream. All of them run well.

Though I must admit, I think I’ll get a macbook pro next time I’m buying a computer. It’s very limited with a macbook air for gaming.

Currency