Cant download Macgamestore app?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lori32178

Lori32178

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

I bought the game fate a while ago and Im trying to download it onto my new mac, but every time I try, I get an error either saying the request has timed out, or that an SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server can't be made. Any solutions?

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1420 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Well thats weird.

Do you have access to any other mac or any other internet connection? A friends maybe? Just as a test, see if it works on something different. It at least narrows down the search for a cause.

Also, if you are running any very strict blockers, anonymizers, or internet anti-virus... they may be blocking your connection to the server a bit too harshly.

Lastly, are you trying to download the MacGameStore App itself, or trying to download the Game USING the MacGameStore App?

#3 Angelique

Angelique

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

I'm having a similar problem.  I downloaded a new game....it says that the macgamestore will install it.  But my macgamestore app wont even open.

Do i have to use the app to download the game?

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1420 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

You may be trying to run the extremely old "Mac Games Arcade" app. What you downloaded from your order, was the download helper which SHOULD have setup the new MGS App for you and began the download (its compatible with 10.6.8).

If running the mini file named 'Desperados', did not do this, you should grab the new MGS App directly. Launch it, sign in, and you will find your game from the left side "My Games". First setup may be a few steps, but once done, it will be far far easier to deal with.

The MGS App can be found here: http://www.macgamestore.com/app/

Currency