6 replies to this topic

#1 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Would be very cool to be able to sort games in specials/sales, new releases and other sidebar options by genre.  Really good 'Big Fish Games' sale by the way but the genre sort option would have saved me squinting through all the HO titles (of which Big Fish has a great many) :eek:

Thanks!

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:12 AM

That could be nice to have.

Specials could use with some more sort/filter choices for sure, especially during the huge sales. It actually used to not have any of those controls up top for the longest time, ouch.

New releases is hard sorted to the actual release date, it is a quick-sort by itself so to speak (list recent 50 by date released). However it may benefit from a filter checklist, to limit to multiple genres. You can get the new releases by genre by going to the genre list directly, but that can be cumbersome when you are interested in multiple genres!

I think overall, the whole search/list system needs an overhaul/redo. So many users just accept it how it is without mentioning how they would find it easier to use. The more input, the better a big picture can be formulated to make it all better.

So, thanks for the input!

#3 Betty Here

Betty Here

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:02 AM

It would be helpful if games could be sorted by OS, like I have OS 10.6.8 which means games that operate on newer systems are useless and a waste of time to wade thru. You don't know what OS is required until you click on individual title and then find it will not work ... time consuming and discouringing. :no: and :mad:

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

I'm not sure sorting would help, as there are a lot of products set to 10.4, 10.5 which would end up first in the list.

Instead, I wonder if there may be a way to add a filter choice of "Compatible with my OS X" that wont cause too much overhead filtering by a specific OS. The OS setting for products is a bit complicated, with exceptions and special cases, it may be doable, but then may not be.

#5 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

Another option though not sure if it’s sorting so much as a way of displaying it as a requirement for games when in your genres/specials new games etc, would be to show in a column whether the game is steam or not…I know I seem to have it in for Steam but so many games now appear to have it as a requirement that it would be nice for those of us who don’t want or have a Steam account to be able to see this quickily!

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1433 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:27 AM

View PostMoo, on 12 March 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Another option though not sure if it’s sorting so much as a way of displaying it as a requirement for games when in your genres/specials new games etc, would be to show in a column whether the game is steam or not…I know I seem to have it in for Steam but so many games now appear to have it as a requirement that it would be nice for those of us who don’t want or have a Steam account to be able to see this quickily!

Unfortunately there are two methods of steam code provided. One is required, the other is purely optional. It would be a mess to include the text along with an icon in all output across the store. It was already decided that just showing the icon was too much clutter, which is why its off :/

Sadly just showing the icon is not very helpful to those looking to avoid steam 'required' games. Its more for those looking for codes. The opposite of what you want oops.

#7 erdem

erdem

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

It would be nice if you add tick boxes next to genres on the category menu for multiple filtering

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sort, genres

Currency