7 replies to this topic

#1 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

How about a new sale with some different genres of games (time management for instance) that doesn’t involve Borederlands :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:  , Bioshock, Sid Meyer’s, Sims…?

For the past few months it just seems to be the same old games going on sale.

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Did you miss out on the various bundles and hundreds of varied games for sale during the 10th year anniversary? There was lots of different kinds of games for that.

However there are some games that keep coming on sale over time, as you mentioned, but we do list other things too. It also depends on the publisher/developer of the game on their wishes for what should go on sale and for how much. Sometimes our hands are tied for options :(

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:57 AM

You know whats funny, is ever since you made this post, every daily deal or top deal has been one of those you mentioned you are tired of seeing.

Maybe its not funny.

We do post different stuff though, just seems like the same AAA titles pop up more often.

#4 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:13 AM

You make a fair point about sales being in the hands of the publisher/developer, and also assuming it’s down to customer demand for certain games...I’m just having a bit of a grumble. :mellow:

I did see the 10th Anniversary sale which was good, unfortunately the titles I was interested in were either Steam (which I won’t touch with a bargepole) or else Yosemite incompatibility reared it’s ugly head.

I remember last year sometime over summer there was a fantastic casual game sale which included masses of TM, HO and puzzle games and just thought there’s been a distinct lack of something similar of late with the big games/franchises over-running the sales.

Ho-hum I shall live in hope... :fish:

#5 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Great to see some new titles and bundles in the specials/sales section - Thanks!! :dance:

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Even though Borderlands, and Civilizations, and Bioshocks are still showing up? ;)

#7 Moo

Moo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

Yeah, to be honest I’d be surprised if one day I checked and they weren’t on sale.. I think the bundles are a great idea, especially for HO games that are usually super quick to finish and limited on replayability (for me anyway it’s once through is enough) and so don’t really feel like good value at $10-15 a game.  But having bought the Big Fish Games bundles 1 & 2 and the Blackguards bundle, I’m pretty content for the time being!

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

Sorry about the dupe game in the Big Fish bundles. They are still a good deal. I think it may have been oversight because one was a CE and the other not a CE (thus different product IDs). Will have to keep a closer eye on that in the future (too late to change it now after purchases have been made).

One thing I've noticed with HO games, is even if you have a lot, and played them once through... a couple years later, they are almost new again because you forget all the details (well, for me at least! haha).

Currency