Community Forum

- - - - -

Video Trailers Automatically Start Over (after 5 seconds!)

3.0 macgamestore 3.0 bugs glitch bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crumpled666

crumpled666

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

I was attempting to watch the trailer of Settler's Seven and so I clicked it. It began to play but then automatically started over after 5 seconds. I attempted to move elsewhere in the video but couldn't achieve anything. I recently upgraded to V3.0 because, well, it automatically does that. Please fix this problem in V 3.01 (soon).

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Its not version 3.0 thats doing it. Its a bug in Apple's video handler. We will look at that video and see what may cause it to goof up the video playback (because none of our test machines are exhibiting the behavior you noted).

Does this happen with EVERY game you find a trailer on? or only a few of them, or just the one?

Ran it on 10.6.8, watched Settlers 7 video, no loops.
Ran it on 10.9.5, watched same video... no looping.
Ran it on 10.10 too... seems fine.

Hmm. Wonder what is up with your 10.8.5... I will have to ask one of our devs who has a 10.8 machine laying around to try a test run. Will be tomorrow to get a response.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

We looked into this. It appears OS X 10.8.5 (and only that version) simply doesn't play videos correctly using the native apple video player from an html5 video tag. This is an Apple webkit issue with OS X 10.8.5, and not the 3.0 App.

The only thing we can suggest is to make sure your OS X 10.8.5 has all the Software Updates available to it, especially the ones dealing with "Safari" and "Security".

#4 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1417 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

Due to the bug in Apple's webkit on 10.8, we have dropped the compatibility level down to requiring Flash to watch all movies on 10.8 in the App. This will let you watch movies, but you must have the latest Adobe Flash installed (which generally makes all websites function with flash elements across the globe).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3.0, macgamestore 3.0, bugs, glitch, bug

Currency