Community Forum

- - - - -

Jigsaw Games

Jigsaw Puzzle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Jigsaw Puzzles games on the Computer (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like playing jigsawpuzzle games on your computer

1. Yes (8 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Sometimes (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

What do you look for in a jigsaw game

1. Importing your own images (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

2. Ability to choose the shape of the pieces (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

3. Ability to choose the size of the puzzle eg number of pieces (8 votes [12.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.31%

4. Ability to lock and or rotate pieces (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

5. At least one tray (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

6. Ability to alter the destop colour (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

7. Ease of controlling the pieces and moving them (8 votes [12.31%] - View)

8. Good User interface (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

9. Help or demo mode (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

10. Good image resolution (8 votes [12.31%] - View)

11. The ability to zoom in or out (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

12. Preview that can be faded from 0 to 100% in background (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

If possible would you like the ability to export puzzles you have created

1. Yes (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Captain Skurvy

Captain Skurvy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

I keep checking back but no new jigsaw games just the same old tired 3 that are not the best examples of this genre.

I have been using Superpuzzle and it more feature driven older relative jigsaw space and cant seem to find any to beat them as yet.

They both have the ability to create your own puzzles from your own images ones you have download.  This is one of the first things i look for in a Jigsaw puzzle game next is ease of use  and functions like lock or rotate pieces, trays, image zoom, back ground colour etc. puzzle shapes don't really grab me i prefer standard shaped pieces but most games that have the above also have this if that's you thing.

I keep hoping the Mac Game Store will find me the next jigsaw game gem  . . . .

I highly recommend this site and Inside Mac Games and have been using them since the beginning yes even in the days when i subscribed to them on CD.   Keep up the good work  . . .

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, even though there are 383 games in "Puzzle" ... sadly, jigsaw puzzle games are hard to find in that list as there are so few.

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Viola!

Jigsaw BOOM 3

:)

Its not that super awesome of a game. Very simple... can't add your own images that I could see. Also I get frustrated with games with 'player name' length limits of like 8 characters. This day and age, I would expect space to be prolific.

Other than that, its a decent enough puzzle game. Has some nice options. Drives my laptop fans crazy though ;)

#4 Captain Skurvy

Captain Skurvy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

The Best Jigsaw puzzle games i have found don't exist in the Mac app store but in another online store  . . . they are streets ahead of any here . . . unfortunately.  Most "puzzle" games are hidden object games which seem to also be classified as adventure and other genres, and so called hidden object games appear to have taken over innovation  . . . .

This is almost as frustrating as Twilight II being PC  only and Diablo III and the latest Simcity being MUST be online games . . .

Nuff said

hmm no built in spell checking  . . . maybe a future update  . . .

#5 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, those hidden object games are all over the place. I dont consider them "puzzle" either.

Spell checking? You mean in the forums? I noticed the MGS App doesnt show the red underlines, like chrome and safari does. I will bring that up with the devs and see if its something that can be turned on. I know I live by those red underlines ;) I'm a terrible speller.

#6 green_knight

green_knight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostCaptain Skurvy, on 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I keep hoping the Mac Game Store will find me the next jigsaw game gem  . . . .

I’ve been using Jigsaws Galore (from the MacApp Store, sorry), and I like it a lot: it has a lot of features, and you can make it as tricky or easy as you like. (I prefer jigsaws without background images, and jumbled pieces…). I’ve even had the feeling of ‘I must have dropped that piece on the floor, I cannot find it’ feeling once or twice - now *that’s* impressive in an app.

#7 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Legendary Gamer

• Store Staff
  • 1423 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postgreen_knight, on 27 October 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

I’ve been using Jigsaws Galore (from the MacApp Store, sorry), and I like it a lot: it has a lot of features, and you can make it as tricky or easy as you like. (I prefer jigsaws without background images, and jumbled pieces…). I’ve even had the feeling of ‘I must have dropped that piece on the floor, I cannot find it’ feeling once or twice - now *that’s* impressive in an app.

You know, that kind of feature would be interesting, if it did in fact 'lose a piece' and you had to go hunt around in your folders and drives to find it again hahaha!

Currency